The Stables, Tavistock
Tavistock Funeral Directors Walter C. Parson is a family business established in 1842. It has, either by inheritance or acquisition, remained in the family over seven generations.
We strive to deliver a first class service, one which would only be acceptable to a member of our own family. We believe, maintaining this strong ethos through our staff and by training them to the highest standards of the profession, we are able to consistently deliver this service to our clients.
We acquired Tavistock and District Funeral Service in December 2010. The office is conveniently situated in West Street with car parking at the rear of the building and was originally the stable block for West End House. Our resident Funeral Director Martyn Hall and administrative staff are always available to help.
We are delighted to have completed Phase 1 of our refurbishment project at Tavistock, which provides extensive customer parking and garaging for our funeral vehicles.
There is one customer parking bay marked clearly to the left of our building, as well as six further spaces available by proceeding down the driveway.
Our Tavistock office serves Tavistock, Horrabridge, Yelverton, Princetown, Lamerton, Peter Tavy, Mary Tavy and the surrounding areas.
Ask us for a quote, we’re probably less expensive than you think.
- Client parking available
- Reception & Administration office
- Arrangement rooms & Chapel of rest
- Preparation facilities
32 West Street,
Office Opening Hours
Monday - Friday 10.00 am - 4.00 pm
Tel 01822 617 300 (24 Hr number)
Meet the team
Funeral Director, Manager
- N.A.F.D. (Dip).
- Joined the company in 2004
- Interest: Tennis & walking my dogs
- "You offered us a flawless process with the minimum of stress"
- Joined the company in 2018
- Interests: Reading, Coastal path walking and Spending time with family and friends
- Feedback: "Claire was very professional and friendly and made everything so much easier for us"